Summers

Sordid Pink - Sordid Pink (2020)

29 posts in this topic

I knew the voice sounded familiar. Same vocalist from Destiny Potato!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thebombio said:

I knew the voice sounded familiar. Same vocalist from Destiny Potato!

it’s actually the same band, they just changed their name about 2 years ago

• Love 1

yeah epic

Sordid Pink in your area

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

can’t wait to listen to this when I’m off work, LUN is one of my favourite albums ever

i saw them perform Drive and Rust when I saw them live in 2016, crazy that they’re finally out (and that it took this long, been a loooong time coming)

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

alright, lets see if it was worth the wait

fuck, there has been like five years since LUN, finally can I hear moree

• Upvote 2

Ready to get my full portion of POTATOES!

I'm both excited and afraid. The only single they put out was really bad. I loved Destiny Potato, the new name and single give me the impression that they basically killed that band to make something worse. Going in, hope I'm wrong. Also gotta say, I hate that album cover with every fiber of my being.

• Upvote 2

Long time fan of everything Micic and Aleksandra have put out over the last decade or so in their various projects.  Excited to listen to this today; 100% positive this will keep it going.

• Love 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

Been waiting a long ass time for this. Tried not to get my expectations too high, but damn I am excited to listen to this. Here goes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peripheryb said:

fuck, there has been like five years since LUN, finally can I hear moree

make that 6 and a half my dude, it's been SUCH a long time

also this is fucking GORGEOUS so far

• Love 2

yeah epic

after my first listen, while super SUPER different from LUN, this is an absolutely gorgeous album with amazing instrumentation and production 

can't believe i've waited so long for this and it's finally here

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

put this on trending wtf

• Upvote 7

I've already seen the live version of 4 of the songs plus FU, so I kind of know what to expect from the album already. Love the progressive pop vibes I get from this.

• Upvote 1

I love this! It's such a nice style. I loved destiny potato and miss some of their heavier sides but this is beautiful music. Super catchy, great instrumentals and the singing is fantastic.

• Upvote 1

God damn FU is rippin. I totally forgot about Destiny Potato, so happy to find this.

• Upvote 1

Never heard of Destiny Potato but I'm digging this album so far! (On track 3) As always, I have the fantastic members of this community to thank for showing me some amazing music <3 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Nyght said:

Never heard of Destiny Potato but I'm digging this album so far! (On track 3) As always, I have the fantastic members of this community to thank for showing me some amazing music <3 

you should definitely check out their 2014 (and only) album LUN, some of the best prog metal has to offer imo 

• Upvote 3

yeah epic

1 minute ago, PaidInFull said:

you should definitely check out their 2014 (and only) album LUN, some of the best prog metal has to offer imo 

I totally will! If it's anything like this I'm sure that I will like it. And from what I read in the comments, it's a bit heavier which is always welcomed haha!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I loved LUN, but that FU song was complete and utter trash. I'll give this a listen soon, but not hopeful based on the extremely lame single. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Brad . said:

I loved LUN, but that FU song was complete and utter trash. I'll give this a listen soon, but not hopeful based on the extremely lame single. 

It's all very similar, unfortunately.

All i really wanted to hear is Micic doing his stuff. Missed his leads, feels like an eternity since his last album came out. This album is very cohesive and sounds like a more mature version of LUN, really digging it.

• Upvote 1

Listened to this once through now and this is a very weird album. I disagree completely that this is a "more mature LUN", i'd argue it's a decent departure from that album and has more in common with a lot of pop records than prog rock/metal. 

I think this album is brilliantly produced and even though i prefer LUN to my own personal tastes, it's cleverly written and it's high moments are probably higher than LUN's. There are a couple track son this album that could almost pass as really good pop songs, mainly Drive and Falling. You could cut drive down by a minute and a half, remove the solo, tune down the drums and you could probably get some pop fans into that track. They actually channel a bit of a CHVRCHES vibe on this album, wouldn't surprise me to find out they were fans. 

Vocals are always great with them, some of the notes she hits are just crazy, i always love listening to her. I like the almost old timey crooning she does at times too. 

FU is still pretty shit, and i think the last three tracks are pretty boring, but the rest of the album is solid and i can see people really liking this. I think i might listen to three or four of these tracks every now and again, but it won't be one i'll be playing regularly. Definitely solid though, and i get what the band are trying to do here. 

edit: Also the opening riff on Drive is exactly the same as the opening riff from Tyler Carters version of "Ain't it Fun" from Punk Goes Pop Vol 6. I knew it sounded like something but i found it at last :lol:

10 hours ago, AlexrooXell said:

All i really wanted to hear is Micic doing his stuff. Missed his leads, feels like an eternity since his last album came out. This album is very cohesive and sounds like a more mature version of LUN, really digging it.

Has he mentioned any more Bilo work?  Always love those.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

Finally got around to giving this a full listen.  9/10 for me and should compete well for AOTM in my vote.  There's only one track I really disliked.  My favorite song is easily Livin'; so fun!

• Love 1

banner2.jpg

On 10/3/2020 at 1:05 PM, PaidInFull said:

it’s actually the same band, they just changed their name about 2 years ago

It's not even that big a step up from 'Destiny Potato' as a band name... and that's really saying something...

15 hours ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Has he mentioned any more Bilo work?  Always love those.

As far as i know, he is working on something, but nothing has been confirmed yet

• Upvote 1