Lord Kingdom

King Mothership - The Ritual (2020)

19 posts in this topic

Please, please tell me "Babby" is an reworking of "How is Babby Formed" from his The Mothership demo aways back.

EDIT: Confirmed it is.  I love hearing this getting a treatment beyond MIDI keys.  So, so good.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

oh hells yes!

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

This album artwork is absolutely sick. I love it. Man, I know this is gonna be so good. Thanks for making my night. 

• Upvote 1

Ok this side project is so good!! Love it!!!

• Upvote 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

This is going to be weird. And that's not a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dorathekiller97 said:

This is going to be weird. And that's not a bad thing.

It may be, in fact, the best thing.

• Love 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, InsidAero said:

Not sure how I feel about this.

Feel good.  It's a good feeling!

banner2.jpg

I fucking love this album so much. 4.5/5 and easily my second favorite album of the year

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

I’m late to hearing about this project, but this is excellent! Great classic prog feel.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:08 AM, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Please, please tell me "Babby" is an reworking of "How is Babby Formed" from his The Mothership demo aways back.

EDIT: Confirmed it is.  I love hearing this getting a treatment beyond MIDI keys.  So, so good.

Yup. This is fucking awesome. 

If anyone's interested, here are links to some demo versions of the songs: 

Babby

The Devil's Train

Gold

The Ritual

Cosmic Meltdown

Cosmic Meltdown (Newer)

These demo's are like 7-8 years old so its cool to see Spencer's progression here. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, ChazGW7 said:

Yup. This is fucking awesome. 

If anyone's interested, here are links to some demo versions of the songs: 

Babby

The Devil's Train

Gold

The Ritual

Cosmic Meltdown

Cosmic Meltdown (Newer)

These demo's are like 7-8 years old so its cool to see Spencer's progression here. 

Nice share, I actually never came across the other older demos beyond How is Babby Formed. 

banner2.jpg

I knew nothing of these band members as I don't follow metal. This sucked me in and is now on repeat with it's accessible hooks and unexpected (for me) directions that it takes. Count me in for a physical copy if they do one.

• Upvote 1

These guys kind of remind me of earlier The Funeral Portrait.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, purplereader said:

I knew nothing of these band members as I don't follow metal. This sucked me in and is now on repeat with it's accessible hooks and unexpected (for me) directions that it takes. Count me in for a physical copy if they do one.

Purple, if you are a big fan of Spencer's vocals, you may want to check out his other solo project Endur, as well.

Of course, if you don't mind more metal-based stuff, he still works a lot in both heavy and lighter vocal styles in his main group Periphery.  He also did a whole album with From First to Last: Dead Trees.

banner2.jpg

On 10/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Purple, if you are a big fan of Spencer's vocals, you may want to check out his other solo project Endur, as well.

Of course, if you don't mind more metal-based stuff, he still works a lot in both heavy and lighter vocal styles in his main group Periphery.  He also did a whole album with From First to Last: Dead Trees.

Thanks for dropping those band names. I will definitely seek them our for a listen.

Am not big into metal (do like all Deftones albums, though). Singing, screaming, fast-paced and big sounding stuff is all good. Throaty vocals for an entire song doesn't do much for me though, but on this album its hardly used, on just a few songs, so its perfect for me: a new aural experience without being too much.