Summers

Greg Puciato - Child Soldier: Creator of God (2020)

36 posts in this topic

Well i know what the first thing ill be listening to at work today. Good looks Summers.

Genre - Greg Puciato

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

*sees cover on the front page*: ooh this looks cool

2 hours ago, Summers said:

Genre - Grunge Metal, Experimental Metal

nevermind

the cover is really fucking sick though i will say

• Confused 1

Oh fuck yes, been waiting for this one. The singles released were awesome and I don't expect anything less from the entire album. Greg Puciato is fucking awesome so I can't wait to give this a listen.

thanks

Stoked for my limited edition vinyl to get here! Thanks for the leak!

1 hour ago, PaulMcBlartney said:

What exactly does "Transcode"  mean? Is this actually 320?

I think that it means that the file was converted from a different quality level. Most likely  128kbps. That would mean that it would not be a true 320 but will show as such.

I don't know...it sounds better than 128...maybe it was a V0 rip convert?

pretty cool. i'm not heavy into modern experimental stuff but this is a good listen

Going to wait for a non trans-code so the low bit rate doesn't spoil my initial impression, but I'm very excited to check this out based on his vocal diversity and rock solid Pattoning throughout TDEP.  @Summers, do me a favor if you remember and toss me a reminder if it gets updated to true 320.  Thanks man!

• Love 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

8 hours ago, 21_felipes said:

Genre - Greg Puciato

Yes

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

klbanneredo-min.png

This is pretty great! Sounds great for transcode

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Going to wait for a non trans-code so the low bit rate doesn't spoil my initial impression, but I'm very excited to check this out based on his vocal diversity and rock solid Pattoning throughout TDEP.  @Summers, do me a favor if you remember and toss me a reminder if it gets updated to true 320.  Thanks man!

check it out dude it sounds good!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BungleMan said:

This is pretty great! Sounds great for transcode

check it out dude it sounds good!

I'm gonna wait for the real assuming that it is coming sometime in the next few weeks.  I have more music to listen to than I can even manage anyways, but I'm looking forward to it for sure.  I trust it will be good seeing all these people of good taste enjoying it.  Does it lean more into his Patton love or his Reznor love?  Or a bit of both?

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

The singles have all been so different I don’t know what to expect from this. Preordered though, so hopefully its good!

• Upvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

I'm gonna wait for the real assuming that it is coming sometime in the next few weeks.  I have more music to listen to than I can even manage anyways, but I'm looking forward to it for sure.  I trust it will be good seeing all these people of good taste enjoying it.  Does it lean more into his Patton love or his Reznor love?  Or a bit of both?

a bit of both and lots of Deftones. that is why I am digging it! You should check it. it sounds good for transcode. do what you want though brother I don't want to ruin it for you.

• Love 1

This is exactly what i want when an artist makes a solo record; All the various influences merging into one. May not be the most cohesive thing that's out there in terms of a front to back listen but i do not think that was the point. So many tracks here that were instantly likable ( i honestly couldn't say the same for the new deftones record). He's also a master at conjuring up nice vocal hooks. This makes me even more hyped for the new TBQ album next year! 

• Upvote 1

Man, this is awesome. I am loving Evacuation a lot at the moment.

=8) Thanks !

This is f'ing amazing front to back. It's got everything from acoustic indie to mathcore, with an emphasis on synth. It may not be super cohesive like mentioned before but every track is killer and well placed. The last leg of the album is where it's at. Wish I could've made the pre-order.

18 hours ago, ae fanboi 7 said:

*sees cover on the front page*: ooh this looks cool

nevermind

the cover is really fucking sick though i will say

I suggest everyone checks this out, it's way more experimental than anything.

• Love 1

"Hey, remember when that mathcore/new wave album had a random 3 minute pop-punk banger in the middle?"

Good album though

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, ppppupocchia said:

"Hey, remember when that mathcore/new wave album had a random 3 minute shoegaze banger in the middle?"

Good album though

fixed lol

@InsidAero you really think "Down When I'm Not" sounds more pop punk than shoegaze? The track in question is clearly My Bloody Valentine inspired, no?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

Holy shit that's an early leak. Easily one of my most anticipated albums of the year, and Greg is one of my favorite vocalists ever, so I don't think this being a transcode has any hope of stopping me from grabbing it.

well honestly I only made that comment because im skeptical towards any music with guitars (unless it's bass)

Because it leaked, Greg has released the actual high quality up to buy on his Bandcamp FYI

• Upvote 1

Wow this is the biggest surprise of the year for me wooow

I was like "oh yeah cool Greg Puciato from TDEP, gonna download it and probably turn off after like 3 max 4 tracks" but then I'm so fucking impressed it's insane, vocals and diversity throughout the whole record are incredible. Although I prefer the softest songs on this record whole thing is very impressive

• Upvote 2

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png