serafina

Svalbard - When I Die, Will I Get Better? (2020)

45 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thank you!

Been eagerly awaiting this. 

Hell yeah! Def an anticipated record. 
Hopefully this will get the hype it deserves than the tons of bullshit metalcore bands people jock on this site.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, thecliffer said:

Hell yeah! Def an anticipated record. 
Hopefully this will get the hype it deserves than the tons of bullshit metalcore bands people jock on this site.

"hurr durr metalcore bad."

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

15 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

"hurr durr metalcore bad."

I'm not a fan about how the original comment was phrased but I share a similar sentiment.  Moreso that run of the mill KL-core gets praised solely because the presence of breakdowns in every song and the more lowkey stuff that is more emotionally/thought provoking are skipped out on, this album is no exception.  But this is a tale as old as time, it is what it is. Nothing can be done to change that and being snarky like OG commenter only separates the two worlds even more in a sense.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Mr. Electric said:

I'm not a fan about how the original comment was phrased but I share a similar sentiment.  Moreso that run of the mill KL-core gets praised solely because the presence of breakdowns in every song and the more lowkey stuff that is more emotionally/thought provoking are skipped out on, this album is no exception.  But this is a tale as old as time, it is what it is. Nothing can be done to change that and being snarky like OG commenter only separates the two worlds even more in a sense.

Oh dude, I completely agree here. I already listened to one song here and it's STELLAR work, I love it, but I'm not a fan of bashing the more popular stuff just because someone thinks something is more interesting/better or what. I think the music can be discussed in a way that doesn't have to target something else. Can't tell you how many album here I found that I ended up loving that got overlooked.

• Upvote 3

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

This band is fucking awesome!

• Upvote 1

Fuck yeah! Svalbard just keep getting better and better, sucks what happened with Holy Roar but I love em

Fuckkkenn uhhh wss stan

Wow... somehow didn't know these guys but I'm definitely digging on the Envy vibe combined with a little Devil Sold His Soul.

• Upvote 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

Hot damn, this is a winner.  Deftones might finally get some real competition for the AOTM with me now.  Gonna love listening to both of them a ton tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

FLAC added!

johnny booth.gif

Yeah don't let Deftones distract us from how great this band is <3

• Upvote 4

Just now, JunBringer said:

Yeah don't let Deftones distract us from how great this band is <3

I have to give them separate attention, hahaha.

• Upvote 2

banner2.jpg

Best thing they've ever recorded; simply amazing 

Never heard this band, but that single was pretty dope. Excited to give this a spin. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, PaddyOh said:

Never heard this band, but that single was pretty dope. Excited to give this a spin. 

Open Wound is so so damn good.  PaddyOh, if you haven't heard of Envy and dig this... also check them out.  Start with "A Dead Sinking Story" and "Recitation" albums.  I'm really excited to listen to this album more thoroughly once I get over Ohms.

• Love 2

banner2.jpg

36 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Open Wound is so so damn good.  PaddyOh, if you haven't heard of Envy and dig this... also check them out.  Start with "A Dead Sinking Story" and "Recitation" albums.  I'm really excited to listen to this album more thoroughly once I get over Ohms.

I will check out envy as well. Thanks for the reccs! 

• Upvote 1

This album is killer, have a blast in every single songs... Easily become album of the year in my playlist, thanks for sharing this beast.

• Upvote 1

Deftones is my favorite band, but I think this is AOTM for me. I had a lot of fun on first playthrough, as there were a lot of different emotions I experienced from each song. Beautiful album. Gonna be in heavy rotation for sure. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PaddyOh said:
1 hour ago, PaddyOh said:

Deftones is my favorite band

image.png

image.png

something isn't right here 

*both are fantastic bands but wot*

3 minutes ago, Mr. Electric said:

image.png.e6b2bf3587bf4a4e074bb5c6de9634

image.png

something isn't right here 

*both are fantastic bands but wot*

I love Ohms, don't get me wrong. But I enjoyed this album a little better than Ohms. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, PaddyOh said:

I love Ohms, don't get me wrong. But I enjoyed this album a little better than Ohms. 

Dammit my embedded image didn't work. Look up again now. just being silly (not related to Ohms at all)

*tis a joke on Favorite Artist: Tesseract but then "deftones is my favorite band"*

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PaddyOh said:

Its close for sure they are both 9 or 10/10s imo. I love both albums probably can tell by my profile picture and favourite artist though :D

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

I actually like this way more than The Fallen Crimson because Svalbard GETS TO THE POINT. Envy's album has amazing moments but it takes FOREVER to reach them. Svalbard wastes no time in giving us the phc riffy goodness. They do it without the drawn out post rock passages

20200902_221303.jpg

2 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

I actually like this way more than The Fallen Crimson because Svalbard GETS TO THE POINT. Envy's album has amazing moments but it takes FOREVER to reach them. Svalbard wastes no time in giving us the phc riffy goodness. They do it without the drawn out post rock passages

TFC is nowhere near Envy's best album, but then I also don't view post rock passages as an issue... I'm a big fan of both!

• Upvote 1

banner2.jpg

10 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

22310138_1692733704101032_71025324381475

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Electric said:

Dammit my embedded image didn't work. Look up again now. just being silly (not related to Ohms at all)

*tis a joke on Favorite Artist: Tesseract but then "deftones is my favorite band"*

To be fair, I have like 5 favorite bands....lolz don't antagonize me. 

• Haha 1