Lord Kingdom

The Ocean - Phanerozoic II: Mesozoic | Cenozoic (2020)

21 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

very very solid on first listen, probably a bit of a grower compared to the back-to-back sucker punches on Phanerozoic I but a worthy companion piece nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

oh man it is really tempting to jump right into this but i think i gotta listen to it back-to-back with phanerozoic I first, let's go

Very tight album, these guys always deliver. I probably should've done a back to back I & II listen first too, but at least I'm hearing it with totally fresh ears this way.

Ross Geller's wanking music.
No, seriously, these guys are amazing, thank you.

Yes, been waiting for this!!

RnmmCRF.gif

Thanks for the upload, the end of the pleistocene is great.

Yes! I have album of the year expectations of this one after hearing the first couple of singles. Thx! 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/09/the-ocean-fossil-new-music/

"Ophiacantha oceani', a new brittle star fossil discovered by palaeontologists Dr. Lea Numberger and Dr. Ben Thuy at the Natural History Museum of Luxembourg was named after Berlin progressive metal band The Ocean to celebrate their palaeontology-inspired music.⁠

"Musicians who so skillfully combine arts and science, composing albums like ‘Precambrian’ (with songs named after the periods of the Precambrian), ‘Pelagial’ (with songs named after the bathymetric subdivisions of the water column) and ‘Phanerozoic’ as well as the song ‘Turritopsis dohrnii’ referring to the immortal jellyfish from the Mediterranean, are more than deserving of being immortalized in the fossil record.“⁠

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

This is really good..... thanks 

Just finished it and it's amazing indeed, love the variety and the middle eastern influence. I clearly prefer part 1 because it's way more epic sounding but this album has Jurassic/Cretaceous which was the song that got me into them (and one of their best!).

• Upvote 1

RnmmCRF.gif

FLAC + instrumentals added!

• Love 1

johnny booth.gif

PERFECTION

tumblr_nfx3hbqWqX1s03x0vo1_500.gif.cc6d5528496e9d13151c966cbda83319.gif

fucks hard, cool mood changes, great pacing, fantastic followup to phanero I

great album

Goddamn this is good.  Had high expectations and was not let down.  Only let myself listen to the first single before listening to the full album which was of course by far the longest/most epic track.  Didn't spoil the experience though.

One of the best bands ever, every song was either very good or bad fuckin ass, this is definitely gonna be on my personal AOTY list. Ohh that song with Jonas was incredible, should be mandatory that they do more collabo's together in the future. 5/5

This was some greatness.